Thursday, October 11, 2007

Dhak Dhak.....


Isn't this what you heard aloud when you had the first crush in college or school? I don't remember when I heard my first LUBB DUUB so loud :) , but i do remember, the last time I heard it going bonker's...

The last time I heard it, it was the same jingle in the bell, the auricle and ventricle banging against the rib cage. Two years back. Lub Dub. There was a spark in my eyes, a stupid consistent smile..for no reasons...related to me or my prevailing situation. Days seemed brighter and night seemed warmer....Belonging to the romantic era of teenage I was sure, and convinced that 'ah..this is the guy! My man in shining amour, in white horse..finally our roads crossed'

I totally forgot at that time, that these lines have rhymed in my auricle earlier too. All past jingles seemed faded and bland at that point. Even though it was the same bell ringing in the same wavelength, my memory was vacant. All I was telling myself was, Man, I have never felt like this before!

At the back of mind, my brain completely subdued the notion or thought that its just a FLIP, a usual flip, that happens during these hormonal ages..scientifically termed as 'Crush' or 'Infatuation'. I was unknowing or may be knowingly convincing myself no no this can't be a 'crush'. This is different. Actually at that point, even far in the horizon the words 'Crush and Infatuation' seemed distant. All that mattered was my fall, my sweet 180 deg flip, straight on my butt, FLAT...seeing stars in broad day light...

Soon it was Christmas, for whom the bell tolls came to an end, and I woke up from my mesmerized dream and came to the realization that it was just cold winter and i was hallucinating. It was only an infatuation. But it was great...

The winter passed in fond memories of my flip-flop. I got buzy collecting bugs, grasses, woods, turkey, to survive rest of the winter. And time passed by. Two winters came and passed. I was busy building the house I had promised Black hole to save her from the cold in years to come.

I got done with building the house for her... She is warm, hiding in the blanket next to the fire place. I can hear her purring and stretching as it snows outside. As I sipped my coffee, I heard the banging at the door...

"Happy Halloween"...yelled everybody as they entered my territory.. Caps, costumes, pumpkins, lights, snow...music, it was all lights and flashy...we drank to glory.. danced till morning..it was the year of snow, we all had awaited.. The silence and solitude of my coffee was lost.. among the crowd in minutes.. it was all jam packed...people were talking, dancing, wrestling...it was a fun night...

At the corner was a face hidden in a hat.... it was just a hi 'Zarus', hi 'Ramus'.. and continued the same talking and dancing. Zarus and Me were the diameter's of the circular table. Sometime in middle of the conversation, argument and beer, I don't remember exactly when but the circular table started rotating. By morning Zarus and Me were the two sides of a Pie :) ...but still only talking. It was 5 am. I looked at my watch and I realized I had to rush for work.. by 9 am. Since I was less on Beer my co-ordinates were working just perfect..to navigate me to work.

As I told bye to Zarus, and grabbed my coat...to hed out...I heard a LOUD 'jingle'. I kept hearing it throughout the day..and even the next day. Do I have a hang over from Halloween? Sometimes I thought it was my cell phone.. and I was picking it up every minute..hallucinating it to ring.. its not the beer, its two days.. now whats the jingle??

As I raised this question to black hole, she purrs back...at me..and puts her paw on a hat..on the floor..The smile and the combo of Jingle went aloud..followed by the thumping auricles...and..ventricles... :) . Only then did I knew and recognize the ring. Thanks to Black Hole, for pointing out who was jingling... within my auricle.. Thanks to the hat too, as it blatantly smiled and told that I am undergoing a 'FLIP'..... As I realized this the phone actually buzzed...and to my surprise it was Mr. Flip !! I could not stop laughing... but picking up the phone...with full composure...yet blushing to myself..

Black hole looked at me, yawned and continued purring before pretending to sleep again...

I continued talking to Mr. Flip, totally aware...of my 180 deg flip ...hearing each lubb dubb...going louder... :) Man, had i found black hole earlier I could have enjoyed watching myself in the last flip too. But better late than never. Thanks to Black hole for finding me..and teaching me to watch, observe, purr, and sleep but not act :) ..... Mr. Flip is kewl...what smile, what grace, what..magic... whenever our paths cross...and I talk to him.. i can hear Black Hole 'meowing' from behind... and telling in her own cattish way 'F L I P - F L O P'

No comments: